Monday, April 9, 2012

A fruit-ful afternoon

It has been a busy Easter week of meeting up with friends and making some headway in my other plans.
i must admit that i have been 'tart-y' in my updates...

and hope that these will suffice as an apology :)


i had some a few days ago before making these, and wanted to try making some on my own. 

i always strive to make from scratch all parts of the pastry. For these tarts, if i could, i would want to grow my own fruits too!

Making my own tart cases is rewarding - Though a number of steps is involved, the end product is very much worth the effort. 
You might want to try my favourite recipe from Smitten Kitchen :)

Mixing all the ingredients and blind baking them with baking beans!
As you might have noticed from the picture on the left, there's my recipe file in the background with tried and tested recipes, my trusty source of reference :p  

Back to the tarts! 
They turned out just the right texture and colour, waiting to filled with your creativity.

Baked to golden brown
Next onto filling them with homemade custard :)
i used to buy instant custard mixes but i fortunately grew to realise that they can never be the same as the wonderful concoction of milk, eggs and rum.

enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment